Short Ribs and Special Sauce is a delectable dish that combines succulent short ribs with a flavorful and unique special sauce. The tender short ribs are cooked to perfection, resulting in meat that effortlessly falls off the bone. What truly sets this recipe apart is the special sauce, which adds an extra layer of richness and complexity to the dish. The exact composition of the sauce can vary, but it typically includes a combination of savory, sweet, and tangy ingredients that harmonize beautifully with the meat.
Short Ribs and Special Sauce
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 4 lb short ribs
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp . sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of rice wine
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- Preheat the dutch oven to 3500F
- . Heat oil in a pan, then put green onions, garlic, and ginger, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rib and the remaining ingredients, transfer to the dutch oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Fact about Short Ribs and Special Sauce
Short ribs are a cut of beef that comes from the lower rib section of the cow. They are known for their rich marbling and flavorful meat. Short ribs can be prepared using various cooking methods, such as braising, grilling, or slow-cooking, to achieve tender and succulent results. They are a popular choice for creating hearty and delicious dishes, and their versatility allows for a wide range of flavors and seasonings to be incorporated. Short ribs are often enjoyed as a comforting meal during colder months or as a special treat for meat lovers.
Here are some cooking tips for making Short Ribs and Special Sauce:
1. Choose the right cut of meat – Short ribs are a tough cut of meat that require slow cooking to become tender and flavorful. Look for meaty, bone-in short ribs that are well-marbled for the best results.
2. Brown the ribs first – Brown the short ribs in a hot skillet or on the grill before slow-cooking them. This will create a nice crust and add depth of flavor to the dish.
3. Use aromatics – Adding aromatics like onions, garlic, and carrots to the dish will enhance the flavor of the short ribs and sauce. Sauté them in the same pan as the short ribs for a deeper flavor.
4. Use the right liquids – For best results, use a combination of beef broth, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce in your cooking liquid. This will give the short ribs a rich, savory flavor that is irresistible.
5. Slow Cook the short ribs – To cook the short ribs, place them in a slow cooker or Dutch oven, add the aromatic veggies and cooking liquid, and let them cook on low heat for several hours until they’re fall-off-the-bone tender.
6. Make The Sauce – After removing the cooked short ribs from the cooking liquid, strain it and reduce it in a separate saucepan until it thickens into a rich, flavorful sauce.
7. Serve and Garnish – Once the short ribs are ready and the sauce is made, garnish them with chopped parsley or cilantro leaves and serve with your desired sides like mashed potatoes or roasted root vegetables.
Using these tips, you can make a delicious and comforting dish of Short Ribs and Special Sauce that is perfect for dinner any night of the week.
Here are some serving suggestions for Short Ribs and Special Sauce:
1. With Mashed Potatoes – Short ribs and special sauce go great with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. The rich gravy from the short ribs pairs well with the starchy, buttery potatoes.
2. With Roasted Vegetables – Roasted root vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, and turnips make a healthy side dish for this meal. Add a little salt, pepper, and olive oil, and roast in the oven for an easy and delicious side dish.
3. With Grilled Vegetables – Vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, and bell peppers make for a great grilled side dish to go with short ribs. Drizzle some olive oil on top and grill until slightly charred
4. On Top of Polenta – Serve the short ribs and special sauce on top of a creamy polenta for a subtle, rustic Italian feel. The soft polenta balances the hearty, meaty flavors of the dish.
5. With Crusty Bread – Short ribs and special sauce pair excellent with crusty bread slices dipped into the flavorful sauce.
Overall, the best sides to go with Short Ribs and Special Sauce are starchy vegetables such as potatoes or polenta that can absorb the rich sauce and bring balance to the dish. Also, try adding some greens in your side dish, like a salad or grilled vegetables, to add some freshness to the meal. Hope these suggestions help!