Broccoli crisps are a delicious and healthy snack that can be made by slicing fresh broccoli into thin pieces, coating them with olive oil and seasonings, and then baking them in the oven until crispy. Broccoli crisps are a great alternative to traditional potato chips or other salty snacks and are a great way to add more vegetables to your diet. They are easy to make and can be customized with different seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
Broccoli crisps are a delicious and healthy snack that can be made by slicing fresh broccoli into thin pieces, coating them with olive oil and seasonings, and then baking them in the oven until crispy. Broccoli crisps are a great alternative to traditional potato chips or other salty snacks and are a great way to add more vegetables to your diet. They are easy to make and can be customized with different seasonings to suit your taste preferences
- Dutch Oven
- 1 Large chopped broccoli head
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- Set the dutch oven to heat up to 3600f.
- Using a bowl, add and toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, salt,and black pepper.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook it for 12 minutes, then shakeafter 6 minutes
- Carefully remove it from your dutch oven and allow it to cooloff.
- Serve and enjoy!
Broccoli crisps are a healthy and delicious snack that is easy to make at home. They are made by slicing fresh broccoli into thin pieces and baking them in the oven until they are crispy and golden brown. The result is a crunchy and savory snack that is low in calories and high in nutrients. One of the great things about broccoli crisps is that they are incredibly versatile. You can season them with a variety of different spices and herbs, such as garlic powder, paprika, or cumin, to create your own unique flavor combinations. You can also sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over the top for an extra burst of flavor.
Calories: 120kcalProtein: 9gFat: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Be sure to cut the broccoli slices thinly and evenly to ensure that they cook evenly and become crispy.
- You can experiment with different seasonings to create your own unique flavor combinations. Try adding garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or Parmesan cheese to your broccoli crisps.
- Avoid overcrowding the baking sheet as this can cause the broccoli to steam instead of becoming crispy.
- Store any leftover broccoli crisps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
FAQs about broccoli crisps recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about broccoli crisps recipe:
- What kind of broccoli should I use for broccoli crisps? You can use any type of fresh broccoli for broccoli crisps. Look for broccoli with firm stems and tight, bright green florets.
- Can I use frozen broccoli to make broccoli crisps? It is best to use fresh broccoli for broccoli crisps, as frozen broccoli tends to be too watery and may not crisp up properly.
- Can I make broccoli crisps without oil? While oil is necessary to help the broccoli crisp up and prevent it from sticking to the pan, you can use a minimal amount of oil if you prefer a healthier option.
- How long do broccoli crisps last? Broccoli crisps are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. However, they may lose some of their crispiness over time.
- Can I use other seasonings besides salt and pepper? Absolutely! Broccoli crisps can be seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices, such as garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or Parmesan cheese, to create your own unique flavor combinations.
- Can I use a dehydrator instead of an oven to make broccoli crisps? Yes, a dehydrator can be used to make broccoli crisps. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for dehydrating vegetables, and adjust the cooking time as needed.
- Can I make broccoli crisps in advance? While broccoli crisps are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, you can prepare the broccoli slices in advance and store them in an airtight container until you are ready to bake them. Just be sure to season them with oil and seasonings just before baking.
Here are some serving suggestions for broccoli crisps:
- Snack: Broccoli crisps make a delicious and healthy snack that you can enjoy at any time of day. Pack them in your lunchbox or keep them on hand for a quick and satisfying snack.
- Appetizer: Serve broccoli crisps as an appetizer at your next dinner party or gathering. Arrange them on a platter with a variety of dips, such as hummus or yogurt dip, for your guests to enjoy.
- Side dish: Broccoli crisps make a great side dish for any meal. Serve them alongside roasted chicken or grilled fish, or pair them with a simple salad or steamed vegetables for a complete and balanced meal.
- Topping: Add broccoli crisps as a crunchy topping to your favorite dishes. They are great on top of salads, soups, or roasted vegetables, and add an extra layer of texture and flavor.
- Garnish: Use broccoli crisps as a garnish to add a pop of color and crunch to your favorite dishes. They are a great way to dress up simple dishes, such as scrambled eggs or avocado toast.
No matter how you choose to enjoy them, broccoli crisps are a delicious and healthy snack that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.