Add a refreshing citrus twist to your meal with the Lemony Green Beans recipe. These green beans are infused with the zesty and vibrant flavors of lemon, creating a dish that brightens up your plate and tantalizes your taste buds. With a burst of freshness and a hint of tanginess, these lemony green beans are the perfect accompaniment to any main course.
Lemony Green Beans
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and destem the green beans.
- Put the beans in a container and sprinkle oil over the top of them.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the beans
- Season with salt and pepper and pitch well.
- ransfer the beans to your basket and cook at 400 degrees for 10minutes.
FAQs about Lemony Green Beans
Here are some cooking tips for making Lemony Green Beans:
1. Don’t overcook the green beans: One of the most important things to keep in mind when making Lemony Green Beans is to not overcook them. Overcooked green beans can become mushy and lose their bright green color. To prevent this, blanch the beans in boiling water for just 2-3 minutes before shocking them in ice water to stop the cooking process.
2. Use fresh lemon juice: The lemon juice is what gives this dish its bright, tangy flavor, so it’s important to use fresh lemon juice. Squeeze the juice directly from the lemon to get the best flavor.
3. Add lemon zest: In addition to lemon juice, adding lemon zest to the green beans will enhance the citrus flavor and aroma.
4. Add garlic for more flavor: If you like garlic, mincing a clove or two and sautéing it with the green beans will add depth of flavor to the dish.
5. Use quality olive oil: This recipe only calls for a few tablespoons of olive oil, so it’s important to use good quality extra-virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
6. Season generously: Green beans can be quite bland on their own, so don’t be afraid to season them generously with salt and pepper to bring out their natural flavor.
7. Serve warm or cold: Finally, Lemony Green Beans can be served warm or cold, which makes them a versatile side dish for a variety of meals. If serving cold, make sure to chill the beans in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I hope these tips help you make a delicious batch of Lemony Green Beans!
1. Serve the Lemony Green Beans as a side dish alongside grilled chicken, roasted fish, or seared shrimp for a light and refreshing meal.
2. Pair the lemony green beans with roasted potatoes and grilled steak for a balanced and flavorful dinner.
3. Incorporate the green beans into a vibrant salad, adding cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and a lemony vinaigrette for a refreshing and nutritious meal.
4. Use the lemony green beans as a filling for wraps or sandwiches, along with grilled vegetables, hummus, and your choice of protein for a flavorful and satisfying lunch option.
5. Serve the green beans as a chilled vegetable side dish for picnics or outdoor gatherings, accompanied by other summer-inspired dishes such as grilled corn and fresh fruit.
6. Add the lemony green beans to pasta dishes such as lemon garlic pasta or creamy lemon linguine for a burst of freshness and vibrant flavor.
7. Include the green beans in a Buddha bowl, combining them with quinoa, roasted chickpeas, avocado, and a lemon tahini dressing for a nourishing and colorful meal.
8. Use the lemony green beans as a topping for homemade pizzas, along with other vegetables and your favorite cheeses, for a tangy and aromatic twist.
9. Incorporate the green beans into a stir-fry, combining them with other vegetables, tofu, and a citrusy soy sauce for a quick and flavorful Asian-inspired meal.
10. Enjoy the lemony green beans as a standalone dish, garnished with fresh herbs such as parsley or dill, and accompanied by crusty bread or a side of rice for a simple and satisfying vegetarian option.