Easy fried tomatoes are a simple and delicious dish that can be prepared quickly and easily. The dish is made by slicing fresh tomatoes and frying them in a hot pan with olive oil until they are golden brown and crispy. For additional flavor, the tomatoes can be seasoned with salt, pepper, and herbs like basil or oregano.
Easy Fried Tomatoes
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 green tomato
- 1/4 tbsp Creole seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Add flour to your plate and take another plate and add buttermilk2. Cut tomatoes and season with salt and pepper3. Make a mix of creole seasoning and crumbs4. Take tomato slice and cover with flour, place in buttermilk andthen into crumbs5. Repeat with all tomatoes6. Preheat your fryer to 400-degree F7. Cook the tomato slices for 5 minutes8. Serve with basil and enjoy!
- Cut tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Make a mix of creole seasoning and crumbs
- Take tomato slice and cover with flour, place in buttermilk and then into crumbs
- Repeat with all tomatoes
- Preheat your fryer to 400-degree F7
- Cook the tomato slices for 5 minutes
- Serve with basil and enjoy!
Tips for cooking
Here are some tips for cooking Easy Fried Tomatoes:
1. Choose ripe but firm tomatoes: Ripe but firm tomatoes are easier to slice and handle, and they will hold up better during the frying process.
2. Use a non-stick skillet or griddle: A non-stick surface will prevent the tomatoes from sticking and make flipping them easier.
3. Preheat the skillet or griddle: Preheating the skillet or griddle will ensure that the tomatoes cook evenly and develop a crispy crust.
4. Slice the tomatoes evenly: Slice the tomatoes into equal thickness so they cook evenly.
5. Season the flour or cornmeal: Add your favorite herbs and spices to the flour or cornmeal mixture to add flavor and depth to the dish.
6. Use a shallow dish to coat the tomatoes: Use a shallow dish to coat the tomatoes in the flour or cornmeal mixture. This will ensure that the coating adheres evenly to the tomatoes.
7. Fry in batches: Fry the tomatoes in batches to prevent overcrowding in the skillet or griddle, which can result in uneven cooking.
8. Drain on paper towels: After frying, transfer the tomatoes to paper towels to remove any excess oil.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Easy Fried Tomatoes turn out crispy, flavorful, and evenly cooked.
Easy Fried Tomatoes can be served as a side dish with a variety of meals, or as a tasty snack on their own. Here are some serving suggestions:
1. Serve with breakfast: Easy Fried Tomatoes make a delicious side dish for breakfast, served alongside scrambled eggs, bacon, or toast.
2. Add to sandwiches: Add fried tomatoes to your favorite sandwich for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
3. Serve with grilled meats: Fried tomatoes are a great side dish for grilled meats such as chicken, steak, or pork chops.
4. Top with cheese: Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese on top of the fried tomatoes for a cheesy twist.
5. Pair with avocado: Serve fried tomatoes with slices of avocado and a sprinkle of salt and pepper for a healthy and satisfying snack.
6. Dip in sauce: Serve with a side of dipping sauce such as aioli, ranch, or salsa for added flavor.
These serving suggestions are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations to find your favorite way to enjoy Easy Fried Tomatoes.