Crispy zucchini strips with homemade marinara dip is a delicious and healthy appetizer or snack that can be enjoyed year-round. The zucchini strips are made by coating them in a mixture of panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning before frying them until crispy. The homemade marinara dip is made by sautéing garlic and onions, adding canned tomatoes, and seasoning with herbs and spices. This flavorful dish is perfect for vegetarians and those who are looking for a healthier snack option.
Zucchini Strips with Marinara Dip
- 11 Dutch Oven
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into strips
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 11 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cup marinara sauce
- Season zucchini with salt.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add flour to a bowl.
- Add eggs to another bowl
- Mix remaining ingredients except marinara sauce in a third bowl.
- Dip zucchini strips in the first, second and third bowls.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Add crisper plate to the dutch oven basket inside the Power XL Grill.
- Select air fry function.
- Preheat to 360 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini strips to the crisper plate.
- Air fry for 20 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with marinara dip.
Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1.5g Sodium: 291mg
Fact about this dish
Tips for cooking
Here are some tips to cooking crispy zucchini strips with homemade marinara dip:
- Use fresh zucchini: Choose firm, unblemished zucchinis for the best results.
- Slice the zucchini evenly: Cut the zucchinis into evenly sized strips to ensure they cook evenly.
- Use a coating: Coat the zucchini strips in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs for extra crispiness.
- Preheat the oven: Make sure the oven is fully preheated to ensure the zucchini strips cook evenly.
- Use parchment paper: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the zucchini strips from sticking and make clean-up easier.
- Keep an eye on the strips: Check on the zucchini strips regularly to avoid overcooking or burning.
- Make the marinara dip ahead of time: The marinara dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve immediately: Serve the zucchini strips hot out of the oven with the homemade marinara dip for the best flavor and texture.
Crispy zucchini strips with homemade marinara dip can be served as a tasty appetizer or snack. They pair
well with a variety of dipping sauces, such as ranch or garlic aioli. They can also be served alongside a main dish as a delicious side. For a complete meal, try serving them with a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.