Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the delectable combination of bacon and shrimp in this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipe. This irresistible appetizer offers a perfect balance of savory, smoky bacon and succulent, tender shrimp. Each shrimp is carefully enveloped in a strip of bacon, creating a culinary masterpiece that is sure to impress both your guests and your own palate.
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 1/4 pound tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound pound bacon
- Preparing the Ingredients. With a slice of bacon, wrap each shrimp
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes
- Preheat the Dutch oven to 390 degrees F
- Arrange the shrimp in the Oven rack/basket. Place the Rack on themiddle-shelf of the Dutch oven. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
FAQs about Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Q: Should I use raw or cooked shrimp for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp?
A: It is recommended to use raw shrimp for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipes. Raw shrimp will cook along with the bacon, ensuring that both the shrimp and bacon are cooked through simultaneously. This allows the shrimp to remain tender and juicy.
Q: What type of bacon works best for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp?
A: The choice of bacon largely depends on personal preference. Both regular and thick-cut bacon can be used for Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. Regular bacon tends to cook faster and provides a crispier texture, while thick-cut bacon offers a meatier and more substantial bite. Choose the type of bacon that suits your desired texture and flavor profile.
Q: Should I precook the bacon before wrapping it around the shrimp?
A: Precooking the bacon is not necessary when making Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. The bacon will cook along with the shrimp in the oven or on the grill, allowing both the shrimp and bacon to reach the desired level of doneness simultaneously.
Q: Can I make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp ahead of time?
A: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is best enjoyed fresh and hot out of the oven or grill. While you can prepare the shrimp ahead of time by wrapping them with bacon and refrigerating them, it is recommended to cook them just before serving for optimal taste and texture. However, if you do need to prepare them in advance, make sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and cook them as soon as possible.
Q: What dipping sauces pair well with Bacon Wrapped Shrimp?
A: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp pairs well with a variety of dipping sauces. Some popular options include sweet chili sauce, cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, garlic aioli, or a tangy barbecue sauce. Experiment with different sauces to find your favorite flavor combination.
Remember, cooking times and temperatures may vary depending on the specific recipe you’re using. It’s always a good idea to follow a trusted recipe or consult with a culinary expert for personalized advice and guidance. Enjoy the deliciousness of Bacon Wrapped Shrimp as a delightful appetizer or party favorite!
Bacon-wrapped shrimp is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that’s perfect for a party or a special dinner. Here are some cooking tips to help you make the perfect bacon-wrapped shrimp:
1. Choose large, firm shrimp: Large shrimp work well for this recipe as they provide a substantial base for the bacon to wrap around. The shrimp should be firm to the touch, with a bright color and a clean scent.
2. Choose the right bacon: Use thick-cut bacon, which will hold its shape better when cooking and has more flavor than thinner slices.
3. Pre-cook the bacon: It’s a good idea to partially cook the bacon before wrapping it around the shrimp, to ensure it crisps up properly. Place the bacon slices on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Skewer the shrimp: Use a wooden skewer or toothpick to secure the bacon to the shrimp, ensuring it doesn’t unravel while cooking.
5. Grill or Broil: Grilling or broiling are both excellent methods for cooking bacon-wrapped shrimp. Cook them for 2-3 minutes per side, until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp is opaque.
6. Baste with sauce: During the last minute of cooking, brush the shrimp with a flavorful sauce like garlic butter or honey mustard to add extra flavor and moisture.
7. Serve and enjoy: Serve the bacon-wrapped shrimp skewers hot, garnished with fresh parsley or chives as a delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer.
Here are some serving suggestions for your delicious bacon-wrapped shrimp:
1. Mango Salsa: A fresh and tangy mango salsa is the perfect accompaniment to the smoky and salty flavor of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
2. Avocado Cream Dip: An avocado cream dip made with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt, is another great pairing that adds a creaminess to the salty and crispy shrimp.
3. Garlic Aioli Sauce: Garlic aioli sauce is a rich and flavorful dip that adds an extra layer of flavor to your bacon-wrapped shrimp.
4. Caesar Salad: A crisp Caesar salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and croutons is a great way to balance out the rich and salty flavors of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
5. Grilled Asparagus: A side of grilled asparagus with olive oil, salt, and black pepper, adds a healthy and tasty side to complement the richness of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
6. Chardonnay Wine: A crisp Chardonnay with lemon and citrus notes is a great partner for shrimp, and will complement the bacon flavor perfectly.