Get ready to fire up the grill and indulge in the irresistible flavors of Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds – tender steak cubes and charred onions – for a mouthwatering and satisfying meal. As you cook these skewers on the grill, the heat transforms the onions into caramelized gems, while the steak cubes become juicy and infused with smoky flavors.
Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 cup red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the dutch oven to 390°F
- Place the grill rack in the dutch oven. Toss all the listed ingredientsin a bowl and mix until everything is coated with the seasonings.
- Place on the grill rack and put the rack in the oven.
- Select GRILL. Grill for 40 minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking time, give a stir to cook evenly
- When done, transfer to a plate and enjoy.
The nutritional values
The nutritional values of the recipe will depend on several factors, including the portion size, the specific cut of steak used, any marinades or sauces included, and the cooking methods employed. Here are some general considerations:
- Protein: Steak is a good source of protein, which is essential for muscle repair and growth.
- Fat: The fat content of the steak will vary depending on the cut and any visible marbling. Opting for leaner cuts can help reduce the overall fat content.
4. Carbohydrates: Onions contain carbohydrates, primarily in the form of dietary fiber and natural sugars.
5. Fiber: Onions are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and can contribute to a feeling of fullness.
6. Micronutrients: Steak can provide various vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and B vitamins. Onions contain vitamins C and B6, as well as folate.
It’s always a good idea to consult specific ingredient labels and consider any variations or modifications you make to the recipe in order to get a more accurate estimation of the nutritional values. Additionally, if you have specific dietary concerns or restrictions, it may be helpful to consult with a registered dietitian or nutritionist for personalized advice.
Sure, here are some cooking tips for your Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ recipe:
1. Choose the right steak: The key to making delicious steak cubes is choosing the right cut of meat. Sirloin or rib eye steak are good choices because they have a good amount of marbling and a tender texture.
2. Cut the meat into evenly sized pieces: Cut the steak into uniform, bite-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
3. Marinate the meat: Marinating the meat in your favorite blend of spices, vinegar or citrus juices, and oil, will add flavor and tenderize the meat. Let the meat marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours before grilling.
4. Preheat the grill: It’s important to preheat the grill to high heat for about 10-15 minutes before grilling the steak cubes to ensure that they cook evenly and get a nice sear.
5. Skewer the steak and onions: Alternate pieces of steak and onions on skewers to create a colorful and flavorful BBQ dish. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
6. Keep an eye on the cooking time: Since the steak is cut into small pieces, grilling time will be shorter than usual. Cook the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the steak is browned and cooked to your desired doneness.
7. Allow the meat to rest: Remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
8. Serve with a side: Serve the Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ with a side of rice, a green salad, or grilled vegetables for a healthy and satisfying meal. I hope these tips help you make a delicious Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Here are some serving suggestions for your Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ:
1. Grilled Vegetables: Serve the charred onions and steak cubes over a bed of grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant. The flavors will complement each other well.
2. Rice: Rice is a great side dish for a BBQ meal. Try serving the steak cubes and onions over a bed of fluffy white or brown rice.
3. Salad: A fresh green salad with crisp lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes is a light and refreshing side dish that helps balance out the rich and savory flavor of the steak.
4. Bread: Toasted pita bread or garlic bread is a perfect accompaniment to steak cubes and charred onions.
5. Sauces and Dips: Serve the steak cubes and onions with a dipping sauce such as Tzatziki or Chimichurri, or a tasty steak sauce like HP or Worcestershire sauce.
6. Drinks: For a refreshing BBQ drink, make some chilled lemonade, iced tea, or homemade fruit juice. And for the adults, a cold beer or a chilled glass of red wine pairs well with grilled meats.