Get ready to fire up the grill and indulge in the irresistible flavors of Charred Onions & Steak Cube BBQ. This recipe brings together the best of both worlds – tender steak cubes and charred onions – for a mouthwatering and satisfying meal. As you cook these skewers on the grill, the heat transforms the onions into caramelized gems, while the steak cubes become juicy and infused with smoky flavors.
Beef Ribeye Steak
- ` Dutch Oven
- 4 (8-oz.) rib-eye steaks
- 1 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, and seasoning.
- Place two steaks in the Smart Dutch oven Oven grill rack.
- Select GRILL and grill for 5 minutes at 400°F
- Open the dutch oven and flip the steaks. Then cook for anadditional 5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked steaks from the Smart Dutch oven Oven to a plate.
- Repeat for the remaining two steaks.
- Serve warm.
FAQs about Beef Ribeye Steak
Here are some frequently asked questions about Beef Ribeye Steak:
Q: What is a ribeye steak?
A: Ribeye steak is a cut of beef that comes from the rib section of the animal. It is known for its rich marbling, which contributes to its tenderness and flavor. Ribeye steaks are highly regarded for their juiciness and are often considered one of the most flavorful cuts of beef.
Q: How should I cook a ribeye steak?
A: Ribeye steaks can be cooked using various methods such as grilling, pan-searing, or broiling. The preferred cooking method often depends on personal preference. For a classic approach, grilling is popular as it can provide a nice char and smoky flavor. Pan-searing is another excellent option that allows for a delicious crust to form on the steak. Regardless of the method chosen, it’s recommended to cook ribeye steaks to the desired level of doneness, such as rare, medium-rare, medium, or well-done.
Q: How should I season a ribeye steak?
A: Seasoning a ribeye steak can be as simple as using salt and pepper to enhance the natural flavors of the meat. However, you can also experiment with various seasonings and spices based on personal preference. Some popular choices include garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, paprika, or steak seasoning blends. Consider marinating the steak for additional flavor, but the exceptional taste of a ribeye steak often shines with minimal seasoning.
Q: What is the recommended cooking temperature for a ribeye steak?
A: The recommended cooking temperature for a ribeye steak varies based on the desired level of doneness. Here are general guidelines:
– Rare: 120-125°F (49-52°C)
– Medium-Rare: 130-135°F (54-57°C)
– Medium: 140-145°F (60-63°C)
– Well-Done: 150-160°F (66-71°C)
It’s essential to use a meat thermometer to ensure accuracy and achieve the desired level of doneness.
Q: How should I rest a ribeye steak before serving?
A: Resting the cooked ribeye steak is crucial to allow the juices to redistribute and the meat to become more tender. As a general rule, let the steak rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. This resting period helps ensure a juicy and flavorful steak.
Q: What are some suggested side dishes to serve with a ribeye steak?
A: Ribeye steaks pair well with a variety of side dishes. Some popular choices include roasted or grilled vegetables, mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, asparagus, a fresh salad, or a side of crusty bread. The choice of side dishes can vary based on personal preference and the overall meal you’d like to create.
Remember to adjust cooking times and temperatures based on the specific recipe you’re following and the characteristics of the ribeye steak you have. Enjoy the process of cooking and savor the delightful flavors of a perfectly prepared Beef Ribeye Steak!
Here are some cooking tips to help you prepare a delicious beef ribeye steak:
1. Let the meat come to room temperature: Before cooking your ribeye steak, let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This allows the steak to cook more evenly.
2. Season the steak: Generously season the steak with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides, about 30 minutes before cooking it to allow the seasoning to penetrate the meat.
3. Preheat the pan or grill: It’s essential to preheat your pan or grill before cooking the steak. For a grill, let it preheat for 10-15 minutes. For a pan, heat it up over medium-high heat.
4. Oil the pan or grill: Brush or spray some oil on the pan or grill to prevent the steak from sticking.
5. Sear the steak: Place the steak on the grill or pan and sear it for 2-3 minutes on each side, until you achieve a nice brown crust.
6. Use a meat thermometer: For best results, use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the steak reaches your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should reach 130-135°F.
7. Let the steak rest: Once the steak is cooked to your liking, let it rest on a plate for about 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. This allows the juices to settle, keeping the steak juicy and flavorful.
8. Serve and enjoy: Slice the steak against the grain and serve it on a plate with your favorite side dishes like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables or a light salad.
Of course, here are some serving suggestions for your delicious beef ribeye steak:
1. Mashed Potatoes: A side of creamy mashed potatoes is a classic option and pairs perfectly with a juicy ribeye steak.
2. Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms make a healthy and flavorful side dish.
3. Creamed Spinach: Rich and creamy spinach is a great complement to the bold flavor of beef ribeye steak.
4. Roasted Potatoes: Roasting some potatoes with garlic and fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme is another tasty option.
5. Classic Steakhouse Salad: A fresh salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, croutons, and a tangy vinaigrette is a great way to balance out the richness of the steak.
6. Red Wine: A bold red wine like Cabernet Sauvignon, which pairs well with beef, is an excellent choice to enhance the flavors of your steak dinner.