Bacon and bell pepper is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish that combines the smoky flavor of crispy bacon with the sweet and tangy taste of sautéed bell peppers. To make the dish, thick-cut bacon strips are cooked until crisp, and then set aside while diced bell peppers are sautéed in the bacon fat until tender.
Bacon and Bell Pepper
- 11 Dutch Oven
- 1 pack bacon slices
- 12 bell peppers, sliced in half
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Stuff bell pepper halves with cream cheese.
- Wrap with bacon slices.
- . Preheat Power XL Grill to 500 degrees F.
- Add bell peppers to the grill.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
One interesting fact about bacon and bell pepper is that they are both good sources of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for immune system function and overall health. In fact, a medium-sized red bell pepper contains more than 150% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, while a serving of bacon provides about 5% of the recommended intake. While bacon is often seen as an indulgent food, it can still be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet that includes plenty of vegetables and other nutrient-rich foods.
Grilled Bacon and Bell Pepper Skewers are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that features juicy chunks of bell peppers and crispy bacon, grilled to perfection. The skewers are perfect for summer barbecues or as a side dish to any meal, and they are full of flavor and texture. The combination of the sweet and savory flavors of the peppers and bacon is truly irresistible, and the charred bits of the vegetables add an extra layer of smokiness to the dish. Overall, Grilled Bacon and Bell Pepper Skewers are a crowd-pleasing dish that will satisfy any appetite.
Tips for cooking
Here are some tips for cooking Grilled Bacon and Bell Pepper Skewers:
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using them to prevent them from burning on the grill.
2. Choose bell peppers that are firm and have smooth skin. Cut them into uniform pieces so they cook evenly.
3. Use thick-cut bacon that won’t easily fall apart when threaded onto the skewers.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates before adding the skewers.
5. Cook the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the bacon is crispy and the peppers are tender.
6. Serve the skewers hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Bacon and bell pepper can be served in many ways, depending on your preference and occasion. Here are a few serving suggestions:
1. Breakfast: Serve bacon and bell pepper alongside scrambled eggs or in an omelette for a hearty breakfast.
2. Appetizers: Crumble the bacon and mix it with cream cheese and diced bell pepper for a delicious party dip. Or, wrap small pieces of bacon around pieces of bell pepper and bake them until crispy for an easy-to-eat appetizer.
3. Sandwiches: Add cooked bacon and sautéed bell pepper to your favorite sandwich for an extra burst of flavor.
4. Side dish: Serve bacon and bell pepper as a side dish to your main meal. It pairs well with grilled meats, roasted chicken, or fish.
5. Pizza: Use cooked bacon and sautéed bell pepper as toppings for your homemade pizza or frozen pizza for an instant upgrade.
Overall, bacon and bell pepper is a versatile dish that can be served in many different ways, so feel free to get creative and experiment with different recipes and serving ideas.