Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel is a unique and delightful recipe that combines the earthy sweetness of parsnips with a touch of indulgence from the salted caramel drizzle. This dish offers a creative twist on traditional roasted vegetables, transforming humble parsnips into a flavorful and addictive snack or side dish.
Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 pound parsnip, trimmed, scrubbed, cut into sticks
- 2 tbsps avocado oil
- 2 tbsps granulated sugar
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Toss the parsnip with the avocado oil; bake in the preheated Dutch oven at 380 degrees F for 15 minutes, and occasionally shake the cooking basket to ensure even cooking.
- Then, heat the sugar and one tablespoon of water in a small pan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved; bring to aboil.
- Keep swirling the pan around until the sugar reaches a rich caramel color. Pour in 2 tablespoons of cold water. Now, add the butter, allspice, and salt. The mixture should be runny
- Afterward, drizzle the salted caramel over the roasted parsnip sticks and enjoy!
Cooking Tip for Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel:
To ensure the best results when making Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel, consider the following cooking tip:
1. Cut the Parsnip Sticks Uniformly: When preparing the parsnips, aim to cut them into sticks of similar size. This will ensure even cooking and consistent texture throughout. The sticks should be approximately 1/4-inch thick and similar in length to promote even caramelization and roasting.
2. Preheat the Baking Sheet: Before placing the parsnip sticks on the baking sheet, preheat it in the oven for a few minutes. This will help prevent the parsnips from sticking to the sheet and promote better browning and crispiness.
3. Arrange the Sticks in a Single Layer: When placing the parsnip sticks on the baking sheet, make sure to arrange them in a single layer without overcrowding. This allows for better air circulation and even roasting. If the sticks are too close together, they may steam instead of roast, resulting in less crispy results.
4. Monitor the Roasting Time: Keep a close eye on the parsnip sticks while they are roasting to prevent them from overcooking or burning. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the sticks and the oven temperature. Start checking for doneness around the recommended time, and continue roasting until the sticks are golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Drizzle Salted Caramel Just Before Serving: To maintain the crispiness of the roasted parsnip sticks, it’s best to drizzle the salted caramel just before serving. This helps to prevent the sticks from becoming soggy. The warm caramel will add a delicious sweet and salty flavor to the parsnips, creating a delightful contrast of tastes.
6. Serve Immediately: Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel are best enjoyed immediately after cooking. Serve them while they are still warm and crispy to fully savor their deliciousness. The caramel will be at its gooey and luscious best, enhancing the flavor and texture of the roasted parsnips.
By following these cooking tips, you’ll be on your way to creating perfectly roasted parsnip sticks with a delightful salted caramel drizzle. Enjoy the unique combination of sweet and savory flavors and the satisfying crunch of these delicious treats!
Serving Suggestion for Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel:
Roasted Parsnip Sticks with Salted Caramel are a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in various ways. Here’s a serving suggestion to enhance your culinary experience:
1. Appetizer or Snack: Serve the roasted parsnip sticks with salted caramel as a delightful and unexpected appetizer or snack. Arrange them on a platter or in individual serving cups, drizzle the salted caramel over the top, and garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt or fresh herbs. This presentation allows guests to easily grab a stick and dip it into the caramel for a sweet and savory bite.
2. Dessert Accompaniment: Use the roasted parsnip sticks with salted caramel as a creative accompaniment to a dessert dish. Serve them alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a warm apple crumble for a unique flavor combination. The sweetness of the caramel and the earthiness of the parsnips provide a delicious contrast to the dessert’s flavors.
3. Cheese and Charcuterie Board Addition: Incorporate the roasted parsnip sticks with salted caramel into a cheese and charcuterie board. Arrange them alongside a selection of cheeses, cured meats, fruits, and nuts. The sweet and savory elements of the parsnips complement the other components of the board and offer a delightful twist to the traditional spread.
4. Side Dish: Use the roasted parsnip sticks with salted caramel as a unique side dish for a special meal. Serve them alongside roasted poultry, such as chicken or turkey, or pair them with roasted pork tenderloin for a memorable combination of flavors. The sweetness of the caramel adds an indulgent touch to the savory main course.
5. Party or Gathering Treat: Whether you’re hosting a party or attending a potluck, the roasted parsnip sticks with salted caramel will be a hit. Prepare them in advance and serve them at room temperature. Guests can enjoy these irresistible treats as they mingle or as a tasty addition to a buffet-style spread.
Remember to provide extra salted caramel on the side for dipping, as some guests may want an extra drizzle of sweetness. Enjoy the combination of crispy roasted parsnip sticks and the luscious salted caramel, creating a memorable taste experience that will leave everyone craving for more.