Low-carb pizza crust is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pizza crusts, made with cauliflower instead of flour. This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy pizza without the added carbs and calories. . This low-carb pizza crust is not only delicious but also keto-friendly, gluten-free, and a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet.
Low-Carb Pizza Crust
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1 tbps full-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg white
- Prepare the cream cheese, mozzarella, and flour in a microwaveable bowl and heat in the microwave for half a minute. Mix well to create a smooth consistency. Add in the egg white and stir to form a soft ball of dough.
- With slightly wet hands, press the dough into a pizza crust about six inches in diameter
- Arrange sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of your fryer and lay the crust on top. Cook for ten minutes at 350degreesF, turning the crust over halfway through the cooking time.
- Top the pizza base with the toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Some related asked questions about low-carb pizza crust:
- Is the cauliflower crust crispy like traditional pizza crust? Yes, the cauliflower crust can be crispy and golden brown, especially if you bake it long enough and use parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Can I freeze the cauliflower pizza crust? Yes, you can freeze the cauliflower pizza crust for up to 2 months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Can I make the cauliflower pizza crust without cheese? While cheese is an important ingredient in the cauliflower crust recipe, you can replace it with vegan cheese or omit it entirely if you prefer. However, the crust may not be as crispy or flavorful without the cheese.
- Can I use frozen cauliflower instead of fresh cauliflower? While fresh cauliflower is preferred for making cauliflower pizza crust, you can use frozen cauliflower if you don’t have access to fresh. Just be sure to thaw and drain it thoroughly before using it in the recipe.
- How long does it take to make cauliflower pizza crust? The total time for making cauliflower pizza crust is approximately 45 minutes to an hour, including the time needed to prepare the cauliflower, mix the ingredients, and bake the crust.
- Can I use the cauliflower crust recipe for other dishes? Yes, the cauliflower crust recipe can be used for other dishes, such as savory quiches or as a base for appetizers.
- Is cauliflower pizza crust keto-friendly? Yes, cauliflower pizza crust is keto-friendly as it is low in carbs and high in fiber. It is a great alternative for those who are following a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
Some tips to cook
Here are some tips for cooking low-carb pizza crust:
- Use parchment paper: To prevent sticking, line your baking sheet with parchment paper before spreading the cauliflower crust mixture.
- Thoroughly drain the cauliflower: After ricing the cauliflower, be sure to squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible to prevent the crust from becoming too soggy.
- Don’t overload the crust with toppings: While you can still enjoy your favorite pizza toppings, be careful not to overload the crust with too many toppings as this can cause the crust to become soggy.
- Bake the crust first: Bake the cauliflower crust on its own for a few minutes before adding your sauce and toppings. This will help to ensure that the crust becomes crispy and holds its shape.
- Use a pizza stone: If you have a pizza stone, preheat it in the oven and place your cauliflower crust directly on it. This will help to create an even crispier crust.
- Use a food processor: Ricing the cauliflower with a food processor can make the process faster and easier.
- Experiment with different spices and seasonings: Add your favorite spices and seasonings to the cauliflower crust mixture for extra flavor.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and crispy low-carb pizza crust that is perfect for anyone looking to enjoy pizza without the added carbs and calories.
- Classic Margherita: Top your cauliflower crust with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves for a classic and delicious Margherita pizza.
- Meat Lovers: If you’re a fan of meat, top your cauliflower crust with sausage, pepperoni, bacon, and any other meat toppings you prefer.
- Veggie Delight: For a healthier option, load up your cauliflower crust with a variety of colorful vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and olives.
- BBQ Chicken: Spread a layer of BBQ sauce on top of your cauliflower crust and add shredded chicken, red onion, and cilantro for a tasty and unique pizza.
- Taco Pizza: Top your cauliflower crust with taco meat, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese for a fun and flavorful twist on pizza.
- Garlic and Herb: Brush your cauliflower crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and your favorite herbs such as oregano, thyme, or basil for a flavorful and aromatic pizza.
- Dessert Pizza: For a sweet treat, top your cauliflower crust with cream cheese frosting, fresh berries, and a drizzle of honey or chocolate sauce.
These serving suggestions can help you create a variety of delicious and healthy pizzas using cauliflower crust. Be creative and experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combinations!