The Horseradish Mayo and Gorgonzola Mushrooms recipe is a delicious and versatile appetizer that is easy to prepare and sure to impress guests with its bold and unique flavors. The recipe features a creamy and tangy horseradish mayo that pairs perfectly with the rich and earthy Gorgonzola cheese, and when combined with the meaty flavor of mushrooms, creates a delicious and unforgettable taste experience.
Horseradish Mayo and Gorgonzola Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/3 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium-sized mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish, well-drained
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine the breadcrumbs together with the garlic, coriander, salt, red pepper, and the olive oil.
- Take equal-sized amounts of the bread crumb mixture and use them to stuff the mushroom caps. Add the grated Gorgonzola on top of each.
- Put the mushrooms in the Dutch oven grill pan and transfer to the fryer.
- Grill them at 380degreesF for 8-12 minutes, ensuring the stuffing is warm throughout
- In the meantime, prepare the horseradish mayo. Mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish and parsley.
- When the mushrooms are ready, serve with the mayo.
Characteristic of this recipe
The Horseradish Mayo and Gorgonzola Mushrooms recipe is characterized by its unique combination of flavors and simple preparation. The creamy and tangy horseradish mayo pairs perfectly with the rich and earthy Gorgonzola cheese, and when combined with the meaty flavor of mushrooms, creates a delicious and unforgettable taste experience.
One of the standout features of this recipe is its versatility. The amount of horseradish mayo and Gorgonzola cheese can be adjusted to taste, and additional ingredients can be added to enhance the flavor. For example, chopped bacon or diced onions can be added to the filling mixture to add extra depth and complexity.
The recipe is also incredibly easy to prepare. The mushrooms are cleaned and de-stemmed, then filled with a mixture of Gorgonzola cheese and horseradish mayo. The stuffed mushrooms are then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. This makes it a great choice for entertaining, as it can be prepared ahead of time and simply baked when guests arrive.
Notes to cooking
Here are some notes to keep in mind when cooking The Horseradish Mayo and Gorgonzola Mushrooms:
- Clean and de-stem the mushrooms carefully, making sure to remove any dirt or debris. Use a damp paper towel or a soft brush to gently clean the mushroom caps.
- Be sure to use fresh and good quality mushrooms. Look for firm, plump mushrooms with unblemished caps.
- The filling mixture of Gorgonzola cheese and horseradish mayo can be adjusted to taste. If you prefer a stronger horseradish flavor, add more mayo. If you prefer a stronger cheese flavor, add more Gorgonzola.
- The stuffed mushrooms can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake. Simply cover them with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Keep an eye on them while baking to ensure they don’t burn.
- You can serve the stuffed mushrooms hot or at room temperature. Garnish with chopped parsley or green onions for added flavor and presentation.
- Leftover stuffed mushrooms can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
The Horseradish Mayo and Gorgonzola Mushrooms are a delicious and flavorful appetizer that is sure to be a hit with your guests. Here are some serving suggestions to enhance your dining experience:
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms hot, right out of the oven, to enjoy their warm and melty texture.
- Pair the stuffed mushrooms with a light and crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, to complement their bold and savory flavors.
- Garnish the stuffed mushrooms with fresh herbs, such as parsley or green onions, to add a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms on a platter or plate, along with other appetizers such as cheese and crackers, charcuterie, or vegetable crudites, for a diverse and well-rounded spread.
- For a more formal presentation, serve the stuffed mushrooms on individual appetizer plates, and garnish each plate with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or a sprinkle of toasted breadcrumbs.
- If you have any leftover stuffed mushrooms, consider incorporating them into a salad or pasta dish for a flavorful and easy meal.