Indulge your taste buds with our sensational Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño recipe. This delightful dish combines succulent shrimp, spicy jalapeño peppers, and crispy bacon for a flavor explosion that will leave you craving more.
Each juicy shrimp is carefully wrapped in a strip of savory bacon, adding a smoky and salty element to the dish. The heat from the fresh jalapeño peppers provides a delightful kick that balances perfectly with the richness of the bacon and the sweetness of the shrimp.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño
- 1 Dutch Oven
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tbsp barbecue sauce, divided
- 12 strips bacon, cut in half
- 24 small pickled jalapeño slices
- Toss together the shrimp and three tablespoons of the barbecue sauce. Let stand for 15 minutes. Soak 24 wooden toothpicks in water for 10 minutes. Wrap 1-piece bacon around the shrimp and jalapeño slice, then secure with a
- Preheat the dutch oven oven to 350ºF (177ºC
- Position the shri in mpthe dutch oven basket, spacing them ½ inchapart
- Slide into Rack Position 2, select Air Fry, and set time to 10minutes
- Turn shrimp over with tongs and air fry for 3 minutes more, or until bacon is golden brown and shrimp are cooked through.
- Brush with the remaining barbecue sauce and serve.
Frequently asked questions about Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño
Q1: Can I use pre-cooked shrimp for this recipe?
A: While you can use pre-cooked shrimp, it is recommended to use raw shrimp for the best texture and flavor. The cooking time will be adjusted to ensure the bacon is crispy and the shrimp is fully cooked.
Q2: How spicy are the jalapeños in this recipe?
A: The spice level of jalapeños can vary, but they generally provide a moderate level of heat. If you prefer milder heat, you can remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños before wrapping them with bacon. Conversely, if you enjoy spicier flavors, you can leave the seeds intact or even use hotter pepper varieties.
Q3: Can I make Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño ahead of time?
A: While it’s best to serve Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño fresh for optimal flavor and texture, you can partially assemble them ahead of time. Wrap the shrimp and jalapeños with bacon and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook. Just make sure to remove them from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature before cooking.
Q4: Can I grill Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño instead of baking them?
A: Yes, grilling is another great cooking method for this recipe. Preheat your grill to medium heat and place the bacon-wrapped shrimp and jalapeños on skewers or use a grill basket to prevent them from falling through the grates. Grill for a few minutes on each side until the bacon is crispy and the shrimp is cooked through.
Q5: What dipping sauces go well with Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño?
A: Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño pairs well with a variety of dipping sauces. Some popular options include a tangy barbecue sauce, a creamy chipotle mayo, or a zesty lime-cilantro dip. Feel free to experiment with different sauces to find your favorite combination.
Q6: Can I make Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño without bacon for a vegetarian option?
A: If you’re looking for a vegetarian alternative, you can try substituting the bacon with thinly sliced zucchini or eggplant. Wrap the shrimp and jalapeños with the vegetable strips and follow the same cooking instructions for a delicious vegetarian version.
Remember to always exercise caution when handling hot peppers and use gloves if necessary. Enjoy the delightful combination of flavors in this Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño recipe and have fun experimenting with different variations to suit your taste preferences.
Some tips for cooking
Here are some tips for cooking Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño:
1. Use large shrimp and fresh jalapeños for the best results. You want the shrimp to be plump, juicy, and easy to wrap in bacon, and the jalapeños to be firm and spicy.
2. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before cooking to prevent them from burning on the grill. This will keep your bacon-wrapped shrimp and jalapeño from falling apart during cooking.
3. Precook the bacon for a few minutes before wrapping the shrimp and jalapeño in it. This will help the bacon become crisp and ensure that the shrimp are cooked through.
4. You can also marinate the shrimp with some olive oil, garlic, and spices such as paprika, cumin, and chili powder for added flavor before wrapping them in bacon.
5. Keep an eye on the grill or oven temperature to make sure that the bacon is cooked evenly and doesn’t burn. Turning the skewers over halfway through cooking will help cook the bacon and shrimp evenly on both sides.
6. Remember to wear gloves or use tongs when handling the cooked jalapeño to avoid chili burns. 7. Serve the bacon-wrapped shrimp and jalapeño hot off the grill with a side of salsa or guacamole for a flavorful and satisfying appetizer or main dish.
Here are some serving suggestions for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño:
1. Appetizer platter: Arrange the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño on a platter as the star of your appetizer spread. Serve them alongside other finger foods like stuffed mushrooms, mini sliders, or vegetable crudités.
2. Tacos or sliders: Use the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño as a filling for tacos or sliders. Add some fresh toppings like sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, and a drizzle of creamy sauce for a delicious and portable meal.
3. Salad topping: Slice the cooked Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño and use them as a flavorful topping for salads. They add a protein-rich element and a burst of flavor to any green salad or grain bowl.
4. Surf and turf: Serve the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño alongside a juicy steak or grilled chicken breast for a surf and turf combination. The spicy and smoky flavors of the bacon-wrapped shrimp complement the meat beautifully.
5. Skewers: Thread the cooked Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño onto skewers and create a stunning presentation. Serve them as a fun and visually appealing appetizer or main course option.
6. Party platter: Create a festive party platter with Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño as the centerpiece. Surround them with a variety of complementary snacks like cheese, crackers, fresh fruits, and dips for a crowd-pleasing spread.
7. Tapas night: Incorporate Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño into a tapas-style meal. Serve them alongside other small plates like patatas bravas, garlic shrimp, and Spanish tortilla for a flavorful and interactive dining experience.
8. Cocktail party: Impress your guests at a cocktail party by serving Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño as elegant and flavorful bites. Pair them with a selection of signature cocktails or chilled white wine for a sophisticated combination.
9. Game day snack: Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño make for a mouthwatering snack during game day. Serve them alongside other finger foods like chicken wings, nachos, and dips for a winning spread.
10. Brunch addition: Add some sizzle to your brunch menu by serving Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño as a unique and savory option. They can be enjoyed on their own or as part of a breakfast taco or breakfast sandwich.
Remember to provide small plates, napkins, and toothpicks for easy serving and enjoyment. Whether you’re hosting a party, gathering with friends, or simply treating yourself to a flavorful snack, Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Jalapeño are sure to impress and delight.