Scrambled eggs are a popular breakfast dish made by whisking eggs and cooking them over low heat with butter or oil. The eggs are constantly stirred with a spatula or wooden spoon until they are soft and creamy. Scrambled eggs can be enjoyed plain or mixed with additional ingredients like vegetables, herbs, or cheese to add extra flavor and nutrition.
- 11 Dutch Oven
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- melted eggs, whisked
- fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 medium sizsize tomato, chopped
- 11 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Grease the Dutch oven baking pan with the oil, tilting it to spread the oil around. Pre-heat the fryer at 280degreesF
- Mix the remaining ingredients, apart from the basil leaves, whisking well until everything is completely combined.
- Cook in the fryer for 8 - 12 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves before serving with little sour cream if desired.
- Whisking the eggs well and adding a splash of milk or cream can make the eggs fluffier and creamier.
- Cooking the eggs over low heat and constantly stirring them prevents them from becoming overcooked and dry.
- Adding salt and pepper to taste is important to enhance the flavor of the eggs.
- To add extra flavor and nutrition to the eggs, you can mix in chopped vegetables, meats, herbs, or cheese.
- Scrambled eggs can be served plain or as a side dish with toast, bacon, sausage, or other breakfast foods.
8 asked questions about the Scrambled Eggs recipe
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Scrambled Eggs recipe:
1. How many eggs should I use to make scrambled eggs?
It depends on how many servings you want to make. As a general rule, you can use 2 eggs per serving.
2. Can I add milk or cream to scrambled eggs?
Yes, adding a splash of milk or cream can make the eggs fluffier and creamier.
3. Can I use a non-stick pan to make scrambled eggs?
Yes, a non-stick pan can make it easier to cook and stir the eggs without them sticking to the pan.
4. Can I make scrambled eggs in advance?
It is not recommended to make scrambled eggs in advance, as they are best served fresh and warm.
5. Can I reheat scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can reheat scrambled eggs in the microwave or on the stove. However, they may become overcooked and dry if reheated for too long.
6. How do I know when the scrambled eggs are cooked?
The scrambled eggs are cooked when they are soft and creamy, with no runny parts. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become dry and rubbery.
7. Can I add cheese or vegetables to scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can add cheese, vegetables, meats, or herbs to scrambled eggs to add extra flavor and nutrition.
8. What can I serve with scrambled eggs?
Scrambled eggs can be served with toast, bacon, sausage, or other breakfast foods.
8 tips to cook
- Here are some tips to cook Scrambled Eggs:
- Whisk the eggs well: Whisking the eggs until they are well beaten will help create a fluffy texture.
- Use low heat: Cook the eggs over low heat to prevent them from becoming overcooked and dry. Scrambled eggs should be cooked slowly and gently.
- Constantly stir: Use a spatula or wooden spoon to constantly stir the eggs while cooking. This will help create soft, creamy scrambled eggs.
- Add salt and pepper: Adding salt and pepper to taste is important to enhance the flavor of the eggs.
- Use butter or oil: Use a small amount of butter or oil to prevent the eggs from sticking to the pan.
- Mix in additional ingredients: To add extra flavor and nutrition, you can mix in chopped vegetables, meats, herbs, or cheese.
- Take the eggs off the heat before they’re fully cooked: The eggs will continue to cook and firm up even after they’re removed from the heat. So, it’s recommended to take them off the heat when they’re still slightly runny.
- Don’t overcook: Overcooked scrambled eggs can become dry and rubbery, so it’s important to take them off the heat before they’re fully cooked.
By following these tips, you can create delicious and creamy scrambled eggs that are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Toast: Serve scrambled eggs with toast, either buttered or plain. This is a classic combination and makes for a delicious and satisfying breakfast.
- Bacon or Sausage: Serve scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage for a hearty breakfast.
- Avocado: Top the scrambled eggs with avocado slices or guacamole for a fresh and nutritious addition.
- Fresh herbs: Sprinkle chopped fresh herbs like chives, parsley, or basil over the scrambled eggs for added flavor and color.
- Cheese: Add shredded cheese to the eggs just before they finish cooking. The cheese will melt and create a creamy texture and rich flavor.
- Tortillas: Serve scrambled eggs with warm tortillas for a breakfast taco or burrito.
- Vegetables: Serve scrambled eggs with sautéed mushrooms, onions, peppers, or spinach for a nutritious and flavorful breakfast.
By serving scrambled eggs with different sides and toppings, you can create a variety of delicious and satisfying breakfast options.